Commercial Insurance

Contract Works & Plant Insurance

For a free quote with no obligation, call us on 01704 321 577 now or fill out our Online Quote form

Working within a trade means that you’ll need to ensure that you have the appropriate level of cover for the location and contract you’re working on. We speak to contractors daily that have found themselves under insured in the past or just haven’t had confidence in their insurance policies. At Lloyd & Co we’re here to give you that confidence.

What is contract works insurance?

Contract works insurance is a cover for tradespeople such as building contractors, property developers, electricians, bricklayers, carpenters, plasterers and tilers, to cover work that’s in progress on a site. It can pay for repairs or redoing work that’s in progress if it’s damaged by an insured event like fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft.

A typical contract works policy would cover the cost of the labour, materials and tools to get the work back to the stage it was at before it was damaged. The policies can also extend to include owned plant and hired-in plant.

Do I need contract works insurance?

Checking your client contracts will be essential, as you’ll need to understand if you’re responsible for unfinished works. If you work within the construction industry you might require this cover at various times. It’s worth chatting to Lloyd & Co and we can steer you in the right direction.