Commercial Insurance

Unoccupied Property Insurance

For a free quote with no obligation, call us on 01704 321 577 now or fill out our Online Quote form

If you have a property that will be vacant for 30 days or more, whether it’s because of renovation works or simply awaiting a new tenant, an unoccupied insurance policy can keep you protected during that time.

What is unoccupied property landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance provides cover for a property only whilst it is occupied, but what happens when your tenant moves out and there is no new tenant lined up? Or if you have a bad experience with a tenant and need to renovate your property before any further tenants move in? Unoccupied insurance can provide you with protection against these unfortunate circumstances, and give you the peace of mind that your property has the full cover it needs.

An unoccupied property is commonly seen as being at a greater risk theft or damage. This can make finding insurance for an unoccupied property more challenging than when it is occupied. With Lloyd & Co Insurance Services, you don’t have to worry about this. With our landlord insurance policies, we can keep your cover in place even if your property is vacant.

Do I need unoccupied property insurance?

If you are the landlord of a residential or commercial property that is unoccupied for more than 30 days, you will need to ensure that you have relevant cover in place for that period of time.

Whether it’s an individual property or your property is part of a portfolio, we can help you get the insurance you need to make sure that if you need to make a claim, your unoccupied property is covered.

What does unoccupied property insurance cover?

  • Buildings only cover or combined buildings and contents cover
  • Up to £10,000,000 buildings, loss of rent and contents cover per location
  • Properties undergoing repair or renovations can be covered
  • Both residential and commercial properties can be covered